The Farm Work Welfare app terms & Conditions
Last update 14 July 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and The Archbishops’ Council
(“we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the Farm Work Welfare App as well as any other media form, media channel, or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “App”). You agree that by accessing the App, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions of Use. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS and CONDITIONS, THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM USING THE APP AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the App from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the App after the date such revised Terms are posted.
The information provided on the App is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the App from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the App, you are granted a limited license to access and use the App and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the App, Content and the Marks.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the App (or any portion thereof).
You may not access or use the App for any purpose other than that for which we make the App available. The App may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the App, you agree not to:
1. systematically retrieve data or other content from the App to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
2. make any unauthorised use of the App, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
3. use the App to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
4. circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the App, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the App and/or the Content contained therein.
5. engage in unauthorised framing of or linking to the App.
6. trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive information;
7. make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
8. engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
9. interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the App or the networks or services connected to the App.
10. attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
11. use any information obtained from the App in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
12. use the App as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the App and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
13. decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the App.
14. attempt to bypass any measures of the App designed to prevent or restrict access to the App, or any portion of the App.
15. harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the App to you.
16. delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
18. upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the App or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the App.
19. upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
20. except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the App, or using or launching any unauthorised script or other software.
21. disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the App.
22. use the App in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
MOBILE APPLICATION LICENSE
Apple and Android Devices
You do not need to provide any personal information to use this app.
If you make a report you will be asked to provide your contact details in case more information is needed to help investigate the report.
All the information you provide in a report, including your contact details, is submitted to the Modern Slavery Helpline (MSH) who process and handle all reports.
When you make a report we, The Clewer Initiative (TCI), will need your consent to submit the report to MSH. If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time you can do so by contacting (firstname.lastname@example.org). All requests will be passed to MSH as no personal data is kept by the app or TCI.
TCI operates under the The Archbishops’ Council, Church House, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3AZ, which is the Data Controller until the report has been sent to MSH.
The MSH privacy notice is here and you should contact them if you wish to exercise your data protection rights.
If you have any complaints or concerns about how TCI handle your personal data, please contact the data protection team at GDPR@churchofengland.org; Tel: 0207 898 1030.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioners Office at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/ Tel: 0303 123 1113
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your use of the app for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and using the app under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your use of the app, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the App at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our App. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the App without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the App.
These Terms and Conditions and your use of the App are governed by and construed in accordance with English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
There may be information on the App that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the App, including descriptions, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the App at any time, without prior notice.
The app is provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the app services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the app and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the app’s content or the content of any web apps linked to this app and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials, (2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the app, (3) any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein, (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the app, (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the app by any third party, and/or (6) any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the app. we do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the app, any hyperlinked web app, or any mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgement and exercise caution where appropriate.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our app or any content in it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our app; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our app.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your mobile device, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our app.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to our app. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
To contact us, please email: email@example.com